Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Third Night In A Row Thunder Booms Over North Texas

You can not tell looking from my secondary viewing portal on the outer world that a downpour is hitting my swimming pool causing a lot of bouncing water action.

Because I don't have audio enabled you are also unable to hear the almost constant rumbling of thunder.

Last night was the third night in a row that thunder has rumbled. But it was the first of the three nights of rumbling that I heard the rumbling.

It was loud.

And once the booming started it did not let up and continues even after the sun has arrived to provide some illumination through the thick cloud cover.

At one point last night the thunder was the oddest I've ever heard. Instead of the regular type rumbling, the boom followed by the slow lessening of the booming, this particular thunder was a series of concussive booms, like bombs exploding.

I went swimming in the rain this morning. When I got in the pool the difference between the lightning strikes and the thunder booms was about 5 seconds. When the difference got down to 2 seconds I decided it was time to get out of the pool.

It is a rather pleasant sensation to already be soaking wet, due to the downpour, to get in the warmer water of the pool. It is equally pleasant to exit the warm water of the pool to the cooler shots of downpouring rain.

I do not remember a previous time during my long exile in Texas when there have been 3 successive nights of thunder booming. I rather enjoyed last night, particularly after the rain started downpouring.

I do not know how I am going to get my salubrious regular endorphin inducing aerobic stimulation today. I may have to resort to walking around Sam's Club.

No comments: