Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Celebrating International Workers May Day With A Flat Tire

Looking out my primary viewing portal on the outer world on the morning of May Day, that being the first Day of May, or what my fellow traveling communists celebrate as International Workers' Day, I see a sky with clouds blocking the sun and a breeze blowing the trees.

What I can not see, but can feel, is the temperature. It is currently 70 degrees, heading to a high of 81, if the temperature predictors are correct in their prediction.

Changing the subject from my favorite one to something else.

Apparently I'd not called my mom and dad since my mom called to tell me my little sister had a medical woe. So, my mom called last night to ask why I've not gotten gas lately. The Phoenix zone is being a bit hotter than my location. Arizona has had several temperature record days in the 100s.

Last night I discovered the rear tire on my new bike has gone flat. I've only pedaled on paved trails, so this flat vexes me very much.

This morning is the regularly scheduled day off, so no pool for this fool this morning. I think I'll get myself some aerobic stimulation by replacing an inner tube.

No comments: