Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Walking Around Fosdic Lake Today Fishing & Looking At Litter

A lot of rain drenched my zone of North Texas in the middle of the night. This made for a muddy walk to the pool this morning.

I figured enough water fell that the Tandy Hills was likely going to need a day or two of drying out.

I figured enough water fell that Village Creek was in high water mode with the park closed.

So, by default, today going to Oakland Lake Park to walk around Fosdic Lake was the location of my daily salubrious aerobicizing.

I don't know why, but whenever a lot of rain falls several fishermen and fisherwomen show up to fish in Fosdic Lake, where you are advised to to eat the fish you catch. Today one of the fishermen was fly fishing. I don't know if I've seen that in person before.

When a lot of rain falls Fosdic Lake quickly gets deeper, and starts falling over Fosdic Falls into Fosdic Creek on its way to the Trinity River, about a mile to the north.

In the picture at the top you are looking at the litter that did not make it over Fosdic Falls by the time the falls quit falling.

More rain is predicted for later today. Should enough rain fall the litter currently trapped in Fosdic Lake should be able to make it the rest of the way to the Trinity River.

I wonder if some means could be devised to trap the Fosdic Lake litter before it leaves the lake? I wonder how many other similar lakes contribute a similar volume of litter to the Trinity River?

It's very perplexing.

2 comments:

GG said...

Ew, that trash is really nasty looking.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Tandy was OK for hiking in the afternoon.

So we hiked it.

It was OK.

Looks like more rain coming at the moment (10:42 PM), so tomorrow might not be OK.

So many possibilities.