Friday, June 3, 2011

Are You Ready To Go Over The Edge In Fort Worth?


Well. Downtown Fort Worth, Inc. is providing me blogging fodder today, both times courtesy of Andy Taft, he being the President of Downtown Fort Worth, Inc.

Earlier today I blogged about DFWI's Picnic & Politics in the Park event where you can attend an old-fashioned political picnic for a measly $60.

And then this afternoon I get an email informing me that there are only 24 spots left where you can rappel down a Fort Worth short skyscraper for the bargain price of, if I'm remembering right, $1,000.

Apparently this is a "remarkable opportunity to do something you or your friend will talk about for the rest of your life!"

Now that is just sad.

I remember years ago I made a website for a guy here in Texas who had a ridiculous business where he'd put giant signs on victim's yards, celebrating things like birthdays, retirements, divorces and prison release dates.

I remember meeting this sign guy for the first time and him explaining his business to me, saying something along the line of his signs "give people something they will talk about for the rest of their lives."

I remember looking at this guy's crossed eyes and thinking to myself that I was staring at pure idiocy.

Just like I thought when I saw the graphic in today's email from DFWI of Fort Worth's goofy mayor, Mike Moncrief, going "Over the Edge on Media Day!"

I need a break from goofiness. It is beginning to wear on me.

1 comment:

Steve A said...

Aren't you going over the edge for your blog reading public?

Speaking of which, have you heard any updates on the "plan" to turn some of those Sundance parking lots into real squares?