Saturday, June 11, 2011

Barnett Shale Seismic Testing Cable Now Runs Halfway Down Mount Tandy

Yesterday when I drove away from the top of Mount Tandy I was surprised to see Barnett Shale seismic testing cable on the ground near the entry to the NBC broadcast studio.

Today when I drove the road on the top of Mount Tandy, to park near the Tandy Tower, also known as the Fort Worth Space Needle, I was surprised to see that, between when I drove away yesterday and my arrival today, Barnett Shale seismic testing cable has now been laid all the way to where I park.

And beyond.

The cable now runs right under the cable gate that blocks the trail that leads down Mount Tandy and into the Tandy Hills Natural Area.

As I began my descent down Mount Tandy, I soon came upon the Barnett Shale seismic testing device you see in the picture above.

The cable continued past the testing device, running parallel to the trail down Mount Tandy, all the way to where the trail ends at a junction where you can take a right to head north or a left to head south to the base of Mount Tandy.

When I finally reached the end of the seismic testing cable there was a tangle of cable, ready to probe deeper into the Tandy Hills.

I wonder how far the seismic testers are going to go into the park?

I remember when Barnett Shale seismic testing was done in River Legacy Park the cable seemed to run everywhere, including all over the mountain bike trails.

I have not heard Don Young weigh in yet on this latest invasive species to invade the Tandy Hills.

I won't be a happy guy if a drilling operation is set up on the prairie on top of Mount Tandy. Drilling operations are noisy. And messy. I remember when my Chesapeake Energy neighbor moved in with loud screeching, eventually followed by a lot of trucks that generated a lot of dust.

It was not pleasant.

No comments: