Saturday, May 12, 2012

The 2nd Saturday Of May Thinking About Avoiding Flesh Eating Bacteria In Risky Rivers

Looking at the outer world from the perch of one of my favorite viewing portals it appears the 2nd Saturday of the 5th month of 2012, May Day 12, has dawned with a partly cloudy sky.

A lot of rain poured down yesterday, with heavy downpours after the sun disappeared for the night, along with a lot of lightning strikes and booming thunder.

I won't be going to the Tandy Hills today for my regular Saturday hill hiking.

I will be going swimming this morning.

Speaking of swimming. I got an amusing comment from someone named Anonymous, this morning, on the subject of getting wet in the Trinity River...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Hopefully Rockin' The River Live On The Trinity Is Back Bigger Than Ever With Beer & Free Coolers": 

In your Poop-A-Thon video from last year...were they playing Whiskey River... or Risky River? Neil Young's river song is more appropriate! "Down by the river, I shot my baby". Had to I guess. She was probably foaming at the mouth. 

I had not read, until this morning, the awful details about that girl in Georgia who is fighting for her life after flesh eating bacteria entered her body after being injured by a failed zipline cable. She's already lost one leg, will likely lose her hands. She'd been kayaking down a river when the ziplining across the river took place.

Did the flesh eating bacteria come from the river? Has the Trinity River been tested for flesh eating bacteria? Is there a test for flesh eating bacteria?

I think I will go swimming now in what I hope is a pool free of flesh eating bacteria.

No comments: