Monday, May 7, 2012

Ennui Chasing A Jack Rabbit On The Tandy Hills

In the picture you are looking west at the wildflower covered old wagon trail that runs from the top of Mount Tandy towards downtown Fort Worth, the stunning skyline of which you can see in the distance.

I chased a jack rabbit down the Tandy Highway today.

I do not recollect chasing a jack rabbit on the Tandy Hills before.

Road runners, yes, jack rabbits, no.

Whilst hill hiking today I searched my memory for the word for my current feeling of utter weariness, discontent, dissatisfaction and lack of any sustained interest in anything.

Ennui.

That's the word.

Ennui.

I am almost 100% certain this feeling of ennui will pass. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for a long long time.

I think I'll go do some pool lounging and swimming and try and feel less ennui-ful.

No comments: