Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Morning Of May Day 17 Thinking About Not Fracking In Vermont

Looking close-up, through my primary viewing portal on the outer world, on the morning of May Day 17, it appears to be yet one  more clear blue sky morning in North Texas.

Currently heated to 65, heading to a high of 88.

The National Weather Service continues to issue a daily "Air Quality Alert."

I don't know if it is the quality of the air which is causing my eyes to be irritated and leak, or what. The quality of the air is my prime suspect for this particular malady.

In gas fracking news, the governor of Vermont, Peter Shumlin, signed into law, yesterday, a ban on the hydraulic fracturing of subterranean shale. Vermont is the first state to ban the practice of fracking.

There are, currently, no gas drilling operations underway in Vermont and, currently, seismic testing has not found any underground trapped gas reserves.

I suspect having no underground trapped gas reserves made it slightly easier to ban hydraulic fracturing.

Meanwhile, yesterday in East Texas we had an increasingly less rare earthquake.

And now it is that time in the morning when I go swimming.

No comments: