Friday, August 1, 2008

Rain Rain Rain in Tacoma

Yesterday started out fine, here in Tacoma. Around 2 in the afternoon I was at Point Defiance and I saw part of The Mountain, as in Mount Rainier, out, as in the bottom half was not covered by clouds.

By early evening rain began to fall. It does not often rain in the Puget Sound region in summer. This was like the type rain that bedevils the northwest during the other 3 seasons, particularly winter.

And now, this morning, it is still raining, raining hard. Dark, cold, gloomy and wet. Sort of like a weather metaphor for how I am feeling about just about every aspect of my existence.

In the photo you are looking at my yoga and grocery shopping partner, Kristin, and the 2 poodles in our care, Max & Blue. It's so gloomy here, even using the flash could not get the photo any brighter.

Meanwhile, in Fort Worth, the skies are clear, it is 86 at 7 am, heading towards a high of 102. Yesterday got to 106. Here, in Tacoma, I think it got to 66, yesterday. Brrrrr. My sister found a knitted ski type cap for me to wear, at all times, to help keep me warmer. I am so grateful. It's the small things that matter when you battle the elements in a difficult climate.

No comments: