Friday, August 8, 2008

Pioneer Square Art in the Park Video

Even with a real good night's rest I've still not got the energy to talk about yesterday's shocking realization that my perception of Seattle is so last century. Yesterday, my longest dose of 21st century Seattle was a shock to me. I'm still not sure what to make of it or what I really think of it.

Suffice to say, Seattle used to be easy. Like Fort Worth. The Seattle of my memory was, well, way more modern than the Fort Worth of the present. Fort Worth seems to suffer from way too little planning and aesthetic sensibility, let alone environmental trendiness. Seattle seems to be one huge urban planning experiment. Perhaps gone slightly awry.

Anyway, while I muster the energy to finish making little movies of the video I took yesterday, below is a little video of the event I was in Seattle for, that being Art in the Park at Occidental Park in Pioneer Square.

I wandered all over downtown Seattle, Pike Place, the waterfront, Westlake Center, the bus tunnel. By the time the Gallery Walk occurred at Art in the Park and we were flooded with what looked like a parade of fashion models, my camcorder battery was dead. Darn. I missed getting video of the biggest pair of fake boobs I've ever seen. Walking on the most ridiculous boots I've ever seen outside of Texas. Next time I must conserve my battery power. Or get a back up battery. But then I'd have to figure out how to exchange the battery and since it's been 6 years since I bought my antique camcorder I doubt doing anything with the battery is anything I can figure out.

No comments: