Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mom & Dad Left Tacoma For Phoenix

We loaded up my Mom and Dad's van with enough raspberry jam to supply the greater Phoenix Metropolitan area, among other things, and said goodbye to them about 8pm.

It was a bittersweet departure. It'd been 2.5 years since I'd seen them. And that time it was for less than 3 hours. This time was longer than 3 hours. More like 2 weeks.

I get the idea they were disappointed I didn't spend more time with them. But then again I spent more time with them in the past 2 weeks than the past 10 years combined. I should have gone to yesterday's 57th Anniversary lunch at Dukes in West Seattle.

But, that was yesterday. Today is today. This afternoon a fresh parental unit arrives, this time solo, mother of Kristin.

The roof is being torn off this house this morning. So, the poodles are going nuts. I let them out in the backyard. I'd not seen them be so funny. Max was jumping up and down like a crazy dog, like he thought he might be able to jump onto the roof and chase off all those guys making so much noise. I had to pick up Max to get him back in the house. Well-mannered Blue followed.

I sit here awaiting the arrival of Lulu. We are going to Pioneer Square, to Occidental Park, for Art in the Park. I only learned this morning that this lasts until 10pm. That's past my bedtime.

It should be an interesting day. Or not.

P.S. I forgot to mention, my little sister took pics of me and Mom and Dad and the poodles this morning before they departed. I didn't have access to that one. But I like the photo above from Saturday, with my Mom and Dad and Spencer Jack and his mommy, Jenny, all laughing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's really cute..wish i had one too.

Lauri Evans said...

Okay, but it seemed to me you were having 'convenient amnesia' about the whole gig. Nature vs. nurture...this is Darwin at work my friend...survival of the mentally fittest...such as it is...
ox lulu redstar