Monday, August 4, 2008

Mount Rainier Was Out Today In Tacoma

I've had me a few dreary days here in Tacoma. In more ways than one. But today was one of those Pacific Northwest days that make me remember why it is a good thing to live in this zone.

The sky was clear. The temperature was the level of air-conditioned comfort. All, everywhere, was good.

The Mountain was out. Totally out. No slight cloud cover that renders it invisible in photos. It was out and totally Lording it over this zone of Washington.

I like how the Tacoma Dome, that's what you see in the first photo, mimics the colors of Mount Rainier. How can you not like that?

When you drive around Washington, the Mountain, Mount Rainier, can seem to move. It can be on your right, your left, straight ahead. It can be confusing.

As you can see, Mount Rainier is rather close to Tacoma. Mount Rainier is a volcano. It can erupt. If Mount Rainier erupted it would cause way more havoc than the eruption of Mt. St. Helens. There are evacuation route signs to help deal with a potential Mount Rainier eruption. On the coast you see Tsunami evacuation signs. In Tacoma you get "Volcano Eruption Route" signs.

3 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

OMG, that first photo is gorgeous. Wish I was there!!! And I am curious are you bringing jam home with you or not?
Lauri @ Chippys

Durango said...

They have insisted I take jam home with me. I think they finally understand I am flying and have no room for jam. My mom already gave me a box full of stuff to take back. Like a towel and some dial soap. And potholders.

Lauri Evans said...

You know that "JAM" or whatever it is purported to be with be opened, sniffed, scooped and tasted...I hope you have enough white bread, son.
ox lulu