Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Paris Hilton Presidential Campaign Ad & Lulu

This morning I drove Lulu's Volvo lumber wagon towards Olympia to go to this place called Shipwreck Beads. They had a lot of beads there.

On the way back to Lulu's we had to go to another bead-like store for something else. Pulling into that store's parking lot we almost ran into Frank & Virginia's Volvo lumber wagon. Near as I can tell, all arts and craftsters drive Volvos.

After the near wreck Lulu and I went back to her place where I made 100s of bubble magnets. Some time after noon I became hungry. There was nothing edible in the Lulu pantry. Lulu told me to go McDonald's, but I couldn't take her car because it would cost 3 bucks of gas to get my 2 Dollar Menu burgers. I sort of understood the logic.

Still, it seemed a tad rude after I'd driven her all over hell and back and had made 100s of bubble magnets.

Lulu told me to walk to McDonald's if I was so damn hungry. And that is what I did. Only I somehow walked by the McDonald's and ended up back here. About a 6 mile walk in blistering heat.

Yes, we are having a heat wave here in the Puget Sound zone.

So, I got back here and tried to find something to eat. But leftovers have a very short shelf life here before they get thrown away. I found a potato chip and had that for lunch. I'm stuffed.

Speaking of the heat wave. While making the bubble magnets Lulu had the TV on. We were subjected to a half hour of stupid local news. Including the heat wave. With warnings to not over exert, to drink plenty of water and to seek shade. I neglected to mention that right now, at a bit past 2pm, this blistering heat wave is 76 degrees. In Fort Worth it is 93 right now.

The only interesting thing I saw on Lulu's TV came sometime after The View (what annoying women) and either during the local news or during All My Children. Erica Kane is still on that show. She must be nearing 80 but looks 30.

Anyway, there was a Paris Hilton Presidential Campaign ad that she made after John McCain, or as she calls him, "that old wrinkled dude." I thought the Paris Hilton ad was amusing. You can watch it below.

No comments: