Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wapato Lake Park in Tacoma

About an hour before it got dark last night my sister suggested we go to Wapato Lake Park in south Tacoma to see a submerged car that had mysteriously appeared due to the lake suddenly becoming crystal clear, like something in a tropical paradise.

Last night the sky was totally free of clouds. So, The Mountain was out, as you can see in the photo, taken from I-5 as we drove south.
As we walked the trails around Wapato Lake we encountered dogs of various sizes. Poodle drama ensued.

I don't recollect ever seeing lake water that looked like Wapato Lake before. It looked like something you'd see on a tropical beach, an unnatural hue of blue. Sort of like the color you see when you look in a hole in a glacier.

We searched all over the lake, but we never found the submerged car. This may have been due to trouble seeing, due to late in the day sunlight causing glare off the water.

On the north side of the park there is a bridge across a swampy area filled with lily pads. My sisters and the poodles are scared to cross this bridge. It didn't seem too scary to me. If it'd been over a 300 feet deep chasm, that would have activated my acrophobia.

All in all, last night's trip to Wapato Lake Park was a nice break from my current computer woes that are slowly driving me over the edge. Lord knows that is a very short drive.

No comments: