Friday, August 1, 2008

Lulu & Durango at Pioneer Square, Fremont & Lacey

This morning I went over to Lulu's, on the dark side of Tacoma. Dark, today, due to her side of town still being cloudy and dripping, while my north side of town had returned to blue skies. Lulu's zone of Tacoma is generally more gloomy than my end of town.

While Lulu and I consulted, I made 100s of these bubble magnet things til the fumes from the resin started making my throat constrict. I'd never experienced anything like it before. Perhaps it was not the resin, but rather the possibly toxic dust-laden air in Lulu's work space that put me near respiratory failure.

All I know for certain is when I left Lulu's, lung function seemed to quickly return to normal.

While I was still able to breathe, Lulu told me my schedule for the remainder of my time up north. Lulu & Durango will be making another appearance at the Fremont Sunday Market, this coming Sunday. Depending how that goes, this may be Durango's final Fremont appearance.

Then on Thursday, Lulu & Durango will be where Seattle began, Pioneer Square. We will be at Occidental Park for First Thursday's Art in the Park.

According to the Pioneer Square website...

"Discover Seattle’s most talented emerging artists at Art in the Park on First Thursdays, February through December. Grab a latte, stroll through historic Occidental Park, and immerse yourself in the Emerald City's vibrant independent art scene."

Seattle's Pioneer Square covers over 20 blocks of Romanesque/Victorian buildings. There are more than 30 galleries, over 200 shops, nightclubs, lots of restaurants. And coffee houses. Pioneer Square is sort of like the West End in Dallas, only much bigger, much more going on. And with no Presidential Assassination site.

The other appearance by Lulu & Durango will be at a show in Lacey. That's down near Olympia. I don't remember the name of the Lacey show. I think it is next Saturday. Lacey, Washington is like Fort Worth, Texas. Both have a Cabela's. Only Lacey didn't have to bend over backwards, with bribes, to get one. And, unlike Fort Worth, Cabela's did not tell Lacey that their Cabela's store would be the #1 Tourist Attraction in Washington, while Fort Worth fell for the con that their Cabela's store would be the #1 Tourist Attraction in Texas. One would think real Texans would have found such an assertion somehow insulting. But they didn't.

Anyway. See you at Fremont, Pioneer Square or Lacey. Or any combo of.

No comments: