Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Duke's Chowder House with the Girls

Tonight on my last night in Tacoma, Kristin and Michele took me Dukes Chowder House on the Tacoma Waterfront.

It is a wonderful northwest summer night. Cloudy and a few sprinkles, but not enough to stop us from walking the waterfront after we left Dukes.

I ate way too much. I had some tomato juice concoction with 2 giant prawns, a black olive and a bean. Way too much hot fresh sourdough bread with butter. And then the appetizers came. A hot crab dip and mussels in a broth that you dipped bread into. I was pretty full when the halibut and chips arrived.

Like I said, after we were done with Dukes we walked the waterfront. That's Michele walking out on the dock where parasailers take off. Kristin was raised a landlubber in the Midwest, so floating docks in deep saltwater unnerve her a bit.

There are several restaurants over water on the Tacoma waterfront. That's CI Shenanigan's below.

Katie Downs, below, is another fun restaurant on water. They do good pizza and seafood. And beer.

Okay, that's enough with the Tacoma restaurants over water. It's time to start packing. I've got so much to pack. Oh, I forgot, I'm already done with the packing. Out of here a bit past noon tomorrow. Back in Texas a bit before 9, Central Time.

No comments: