Monday, August 25, 2008

Mount Rainier August 11 Video

Earlier this month I blogged about finally getting to see Mount Rainer up close. All previous visits found The Mountain shrouded in clouds.

Today I finally got around to YouTubing video of my day at The Mountain.

Some of what happened during the day I went to Mount Rainier I did not mention while I was still under the heavy censorship control of my temporary place of confinement. For fear of eviction, a fear I was constantly faced with due to my constant border-line unforgivable faux pas.

Now that I am safely back in Texas I can mention some things I kept quiet about previously. Like how Kristin almost broke my back.

The aforementioned Kristin took the above photo of me. At Kristin's insistence I climbed the treacherous ladder you see here. This is a tall shed made to store stuff when the snow gets high. The snow gets real deep at Mount Rainier. Kristin said she wanted a photo of me at the top of this ladder. When I got to the top Kristin directed me to hold onto a bar that was attached to the door and to lean out for the photo. I did as instructed, just like I always do. Well, as I leaned out the bar broke free, just after Kristin took the photo you see above. I nearly lost my balance, but caught myself right before I would have backflipped to the ground. You'll hear this incident discussed in the video below. Kristin had been to this location before, far more recently than I. Myself, being a totally paranoid suspicious sort, believe Kristin plotted this nefarious deed in an attempt to do me bodily harm. Why? I'm still pondering that.

A large number of people visit Mount Rainier National Park each day. There are many trails with a lot of people hiking on them. Very lush, green meadows with wildflowers. Including what looked to be bluebonnets. Just like the ones in Texas. I was told they are not the same. You'll hear that in the video.

A large group had gathered as we all watched the clouds disappear and The Mountain come out in all its glory. You'll see some of the crowd of people in the video below. You'll also see Kristin and her mom shake their butts at me. Those two were unruly video subjects.


No comments: