Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Stormy Departure From Tacoma

In more ways than one I'm having myself a stormy departure from Tacoma. It is very windy and raining heavily this morning. I don't know, yet, if this is messing up the flight schedules at Sea-Tac. I hope not. But if it is, being stuck, for awhile, at Sea-Tac waiting to get onboard and in the air wouldn't be a bad thing. Being onboard and stuck on the tarmac, that I would not handle well.

The photo is my view this morning from this upstairs zone of this multi-story abode. I'm fairly certain I will not be seeing The Mountain again during what remains of my stay in Washington.

Speaking of my stay in Washington. My favorite thing I got to do here was to finally see the aforementioned Mountain up close. My second favorite thing was seeing my grand-nephew for the first time. Third favorite thing was seeing my mom and dad and little sisters after a 2.5 year absence. My fourth favorite thing was BBQing. Fifth favorite thing was hiking around Point Defiance. Sixth favorite thing was all the blue sky days and how good the air smells, like Christmas trees. Seventh favorite thing was wandering around Seattle's downtown. Eighth favorite thing was going to a couple of Tacoma's seafood restaurants, Steamers and Duke's Chowder House.

Okay, I've grown bored of thinking of my favorite things. I forgot to mention the poodles, Blue and Max and all their amusing antics.

I was right in the middle of typing the above when I got an urgent alarm from my sister. The rain is falling heavy. The basement sump pump is not working. We went out in the downpour to see if the intake was plugged. I was barefoot in boxers and t-shirt and got sopping wet. A plumber is being called who it is hoped will get here before the basement floods.

All in all the morning has begun as a perfect metaphor for my entire month in Tacoma.

Below is a video metaphor for this morning's Tacoma rain.



No comments: