Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tacoma Farmers Market Part 2: The Video

I've gone to more of these Farmers Market/Arts & Crafts Fairs/Flea Market type things in the past 3 weeks than my entire previous 39 years. They are kind of fun. Sometimes.

I've gotta tell you, the Tacoma Thursday Farmers Market is very well done. Great people watching, great stuff for sale. And really good food. And lottsa smelly flowers.

Fremont's Sunday Market is good for the people watching and the overall post-hippie feel, but the food and stuff for sale is sort of limited. And there's no loud music. That Art in the Park one I did last Thursday, in Seattle's Pioneer Square, was great for the people watching, weak on the stuff for sale, great on the music and a no-show for food. The Lacey Community Market should really just close down. Though I did get great smoked salmon there.

And then today. Tacoma's got the best of all this type stuff I've seen. And it's in a great setting. A HUGE mystery to me is why the Tacoma entity known as Lulu, does not appear here. Has she been banned? It really does not stretch the imagination, too far, to think that that might be the case. Because this Tacoma Thursday thing seems a perfect Lulu venue.

But, where is Lulu today when she could be at the Tacoma Farmers Market? She's doing some sort of garage sale on steroids at Pike Place Market in Seattle. 30 miles from Tacoma. Today's Tacoma Farmers Market is walking distance from Lulu's place of residence. I know this because Lulu forced me to walk that distance. And more, last week, to get back here when she refused to drive me.

Well, I've got me a flat of blueberries from the Tacoma Farmers Market that I need to get turned into jam and some chicken to cut up and some tomatoes to turn into salsa and some corn that needs its husks removed. And I've been instructed to make cornbread from scratch for dinner. I best be getting at it and quit wasting time on this blogging stuff.

Below is video of me and Kristin today at the Tacoma Farmers Market. And, if you read the previous blogging you'll see I was wrong about the pig lady's name. It's Cheryl. Not Mary. Why is it when I can't remember a name I always think it's Mary?

No comments: