Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Miles Upon Miles in the Lulu Volvo

I had me a day with Lulu today.

Lulu needed some bracelet forms. She thought she'd get them in Bremerton. That's about a 45 mile drive from Tacoma.

But then she looked on the jewelry supplier's website and saw they'd moved to Fremont in Seattle. Or so she thought. And that they were open on Sunday. Meaning, if Lulu had known she could have gotten what she needed when we were in Fremont on Sunday. It's about 40 miles from Lulu's in Tacoma to where we needed to be in Seattle.

So Lulu came by to get me, I got behind the wheel and we drove to Seattle. That was fun. We found the supply place easily. But we were to quickly learn that the supply place in Bremerton was still open. And the bracelet forms were there. A call was made to Bremerton to make sure they had forms in stock. They did.

So, we headed back to Tacoma and on to Bremerton. But first we had to get gas. I continued my newfound Klutz Tendency when I somehow broke off the cover to Lulu's gas cap. And then when I opened her back door out rolled, yet again, some piece of glassware, shattering it to pieces.

The drive to Bremerton went quickly. We had some confusions concerning which bridge had our location on its other side. But Lulu found it fairly easily. The transaction took awhile due to tax I.D. #s and other boring stuff.

Lulu is now in a bracelet making frenzy in order to make a lot for the Art in the Park event in Seattle's Pioneer Square's Occidental Park on Thursday. I get to drive myself to Olympia tomorrow and find something called Shipwreck Beads to get something that I can't remember right now. I probably should write it down before I go there.

3 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

Crazy! No, not you behind the wheel. I drive a Volvo also! It is a 2002 XC WagonAWD. I LOVE IT! What kind is lulu's? Mine's a pale green. What color is hers.
great minds thinking alike again...
ox lulu redstar

Durango said...

Well, Lulu's Volvo, unlike yours, was not born in this century. It is a sort of ivory color in bad need of a bath. I think Lulu's Volvo has something like 600,000 miles on it. It runs like new. But the radio, A/C, power windows and headlighta are very tempermental. Which make the car a perfect match for Lulu.

Lauri Evans said...

I'm down with that...she needs to keep on keepin' on so she can get some medallion/bling on her grill-I don't mean her teeth either.
I HATE to wash my car since I live on a GRAVEL/DIRT road...$$wasted.
On re: A/C as I have told the 'Adorable Husband'...WHAT do you expect from a company NEXT TO THE ARTIC CIRLCE..or close by. As long as the vent is blowing air at your face you R fine.
oxoxoxox lulu