Sunday, August 3, 2008

Spencer Jack Meets His Great-Grandparents & Equally Great Uncle

I've had a long day, today, in Seattle, at the Fremont Sunday Market. I'm pretty much in a sorta yin yang mode, at the point where I am a bit more than 50% of my stay here. I fly back to HEAT in 18 days. Every one here is counting down that ticker. Or so it seems. I feel so welcome. I may return some day.

I'm loving Tacoma. My little sister is great. Though she is exhibiting some disturbing signs of some behavior semblances that match our oldest sister, my youngest sister seems to be trying, really trying, to keep it in check.

Lest she becomes our mother, who we dearly dearly love, but whom we all wish not to emulate.

My other sister, Kristin, is even greater. I just love that girl. She is so darn cute and funny. I could go on a road trip with her tomorrow and never come back.

So, on Saturday, myself, my little sister and my new favorite sister, Kristin, all headed north to meet, well, me to meet, my Grand Nephew, Spencer Jack for the first time. My mom and dad, Spencer's Great Grandparents, had also never met Spencer.

It all ended up being an episode worthy of Dallas or Dynasty. Our favorite ex-sister-in-law, Spencer's Grandma, Cindy, showed up, to the delight of all who had not seen her in a long time. Then one of my favorite, if not my favorite nephews, Joey, showed up. There was a lotta drama amongst it all, but in the end, Spencer Jack showed up and he put on a show for us all, including me, and I'm thinking my Uncle Powers are still strong.

No comments: