Tuesday, August 19, 2008

YouTube Flash Sound Solution

After about a week of being frustrated and trying solution after solution, found by Googling "flash audio not working," I finally found a solution that worked.

Fixing my ability to send email continues to vex me. But that's led me to using Google's Gmail. Which I may find I like better than Outlook Express.

The solution that worked for me with the YouTube/Flash audio not working was a free program from something called Malwarebytes. It was a quick download. Installed it. Ran it. It took about 5 minutes to find a lot of mistakes. It then removed most errors and had to restart to fix a few others.

After the re-boot I had sound again working in YouTube. And probably fixed a lot of other problems I was not aware of.

The Malawarebytes program is free for the initial scan and fix. If you want it to do a resident constant scanning you pay a one-time fee of something like 29 bucks.

You can download the Malawarebytes program here if you're being vexed by the no YouTube audio problem. It may work for you too. This was much simpler than all the other fixes I was trying, like editing the registry.

No comments: