Sunday, August 24, 2008

Texas Armadillo Encounter at River Legacy Park

It has been a long long long time since I've biked the River Legacy Park paved trails. I used to pedal this almost daily. When I returned from a short visit to Washington in April of 2006, totally disgusted, I found that by pedaling hard at River Legacy the endorphins made me feel better. Soon, Washington was to fade from my memory. Where it remained, til recently.

I'm not suggesting there is any connection between today's pedaling and the fact that I returned on Wednesday from over a month in Washington.

But. Those endorphins did feel good today.

I pedaled a lot of it at over 18mph. I have about 25 fewer pounds on me than when I last pedaled this trail. It makes a difference. Was pretty easy to go 18mph.

And I saw a River Legacy armadillo. They are darn cute. No bobcats, snakes or tarantulas though.

No comments: