Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stormy Monday in Texas With Day After Damage

From Monday night til Tuesday morning, starting at 6pm, ending about 6am, we had ourselves the longest lightning storm that I remember experiencing here in North Texas.

Along with the lightning and thunder we had a lot of rain. The rain just about overflowed my pool. But that didn't stop me from going swimming about 7am. All the rain seemed to have warmed up the water.

But the lightning and rain had a more personal effect on me than the constant booming making sleeping a challenge, along with 6 new inches of water in the pool. The storm also managed to zap my electronic world. There were a few very direct strikes. I suspect one of them is the reason I am still having trouble connecting to the Internet.

And could not watch TV last night. I've no idea if anyone got injured on Dancing with the Stars or Prison Break. Or if the local Weather Reporters interrupted TV over and over again with possible tornado sightings.

So I am over at Miss Puerto Rico's blogging, waiting for my system to get back working. I don't know why I'm not more upset by this inconvenience than I am. Maybe it's because I've gone down this particular road before. And it always works out. Eventually.

No comments: