Monday, November 3, 2008

Durango Texas: The Documentary

Last week a Director / Producer / Film Maker / Documentarian / Reality TV Maker contacted me to see if I'd be willing to be interviewed for a documentary about the Barnett Shale drilling.

Apparently it is what I've written about Chesapeake Energy and Aubrey McClendon that I would be interviewed about.

Trouble is, I don't know that I'm interview-worthy. It's one thing to be a blowhard spewing words in this venue. It's an entirely different thing to answer questions about a subject that I'm really not all that deep about, except for having my simple opinions.

There are people way more involved than I in objecting to all the urban drilling that is going on in the D/FW zone.

I think I'm afraid I'd be tongue-tied and stuttering, my mind gone blank like when I couldn't remember the code to turn off a security alarm a couple weeks ago.

And on an entirely different yet somehow related note. About once a week I get a comment from someone who sounds like a Chesapeake Energy shill, but claims he's not. This person calls himself 'wolfcry44'. I usually don't publish his comments because, well, they don't make a lot of sense.

Like this morning's. Mr. Wolfcry commented on my blogging yesterday about hiking in the Tandy Hills, getting gas and calling my mom. The comment was this, "why dont you post views different than yours."

I'll ignore the grammatically challenged parts of the comment and simply comment that it seems this person only reads the stuff that in some way references Chesapeake, totally unaware that the majority of my blog is not about that. Secondly, why would I post views other than my own on my blog? Why would I do that? And why is this person reading my blog in search of opinions other than mine?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

posting a view different than your emotional rant against industry would show an understanding of the issues and demonstrate courage and maturity... you have a good writing style but your content is narrow and self serving..

as for me I will remain challenged but open

Durango said...

Thanks for thinking I have a good writing style. I'm too shallow to demonstrate courage and maturity. And I enjoy emotionally ranting. Against just about anything. I think blogs are supposed to be narrow and self-serving. They are like an online diary with pictures. I'm glad you have found the courage and maturity to remain open.

TXsharon said...

wolfcry44, condescending much?

durango, if you can't think of anything to say, send them my way. I'm living right in the middle of where the BS was born. If FW thinks they have problems, come take a walk in my world.

Anonymous said...

Wolfcry44 may not be a shill, but it has an unusual hobby:
http://finance.google.ca/groups/profile?enc_user=EIvGyhMAAAAM043iyh8avCfmr2E8NvvlWMj6vob75xS36mXc24h6ww

Stenotrophomonas

Lauri Evans said...

Oh, Durango Darling...you'd be just brilllllllant on the video feed. I think you ARE very eloquent and I believe you just need goood 'camera time' to get used to being in the spotlight....of course that means the spontaneity of The Rant is lost...which is very important!
oxox lulu