Friday, November 14, 2008

Red Alert in North Texas

The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Alert for North Texas for tomorrow. A Red Flag Alert comes about when the humidity drops and the wind blows hard, creating perfect conditions for grass fires.

It rained a lot earlier in the week, so I don't quite see how it would be all that easy to catch grass on fire.

It's been being real windy for hours now.

But before the wind came along I had to go walk off some over eating. So, I went to Village Creek. It'd been closed due to the aforementioned rains of Monday and Tuesday. What you see in the photo above is part of the paved trail crossing Village Creek on a little dam. This gets overflowed during heavy rain. This time it made a huge mess of litter and debris on both sides of the dam.

If I don't do a daily swimming report I get an email asking me why. I forgot til now. Yes, I did go swimming this morning. The low overnight was 58. The water was pleasant. I swam for about a half hour. I don't know if it'll be doable tomorrow, the low tonight is supposed to get to 42, with Saturday being even colder with a low of 35. I keep thinking that one day it is going to be too cold to get in that pool. I'll let you know if tomorrow morning is that day.

No comments: