Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gas Hits New Low Of $1.61 In Fort Worth

The last time I bought gas I paid $1.74. That was about 5 days ago. Yesterday, when I went to my neighborhood Post Office the nearby QT was selling the stuff for $1.71. An hour later I drove by that QT again and it was $1.69.

Today I went hiking at the Tandy Hills. The Tandy Hills Gas Station, once more, is the cheapest gas in my zone, at $1.61.

Why is this happening? How and why did gas go up so fast and now down so fast? Yes, I know the barrel price went high and is now low. But still, what causes QT to drop the price 2 cents in an hour? Just the day before QT was $1.74, by the next day it was down 3 cents to $1.71 and then an hour after that $1.69. What determines the drop? It perplexes me.

On a totally non-gas note. I forgot to report on my icy swimming yesterday. I was reminded of this by an emailer urgently wanting to know. Well, yesterday I could take it for maybe 3 minutes, then I got in the hot tub. This morning it was about 35, when I walked into the water it felt warmer than the air. So I quickly started swimming. And I just as quickly realized this was too cold.

The ice water had so numbed me that when I got in the hot tub I could not feel the heat. But it felt good. Eventually I thawed.

I knew we'd crossed a threshold when I opened the door this morning and realized the air temp outside was about the same as inside here. As in cold. So, I turned on the furnace for the first time this year. I don't like that thing running.

No comments: