Saturday, November 22, 2008

JFK Assassination 45th Anniversary

The majority of Americans were not alive 45 years ago today when John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assassinated. An event that shocked and saddened the entire world.

JFK's last night alive was spent in the city in which I now live, Fort Worth. JFK and First Lady Jackie spent the night in Suite 1530, on the 15th floor of what was then called the Texas Hotel. It is now Hilton Fort Worth.

You can spend the night in Suite 1530, also known as the JFK Suite. It's a 2,200 square foot, 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath hotel room. There is memorabilia in the JFK Suite commemorating his stay in Fort Worth. It only costs $2,500 a night to stay in the JFK Suite. I was only able to afford one night. I guess it was worth it.

It's cheaper to visit the gravesite of JFK's assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald. Oswald is buried walking distance from where I live.

I don't know what is planned today at Dealey Plaza. There is always a crowd there on this date. The only time I've been at Dealey Plaza on November 22 was 5 years ago for the 40th Anniversary. That was a rather amazing event. You can see for yourself in the video below.

No comments: