Thursday, November 13, 2008

Me & My Shadow Roller Blading and Swimming in Texas

Yes, that is me and my shadow rollerblading at Quanah Parker Park a couple hours ago, before lunch. Usually today would be a go hiking at Tandy Hills Park day, but we had so much rain Monday and Tuesday that the Tandy Hills are likely still too wet in places.

The photos in this blogging are showing you parts of Quanah Parker Park I've not shown you before. The paved blading trail meanders for several miles through some interesting terrain. I have had bobcat encounters in this area. And snakes.

You may notice that unlike 2 days ago, today I kept my shirt on. It got a bit nippy, temperature-wise overnight, as in down to 41. It was in the 50s at midnight.

Consequently the pool was a bit cooler this morning. But I still managed to swim for about 45 minutes, starting at 7am. Saturday it is supposed to get down to 35 overnight. That may test my tolerance for cold.

I kept my shirt on for rollerblading, but went shirtless when swimming when it was a lot colder. One more indication of my convoluted thinking.

Both my blogs are on fire at the same time for the first time. Well, actually this is the first time my Durango TV Blog has been on fire, ever. By on fire I mean I somehow blog about something that people are searching for and so the blog gets a lot of hits. It was the blogging about Naked Biking in Seattle that caused this blog to get a lot of hits. On the TV Blog it was blogging about The Real Housewives of Atlanta's Lee Najjar being the supposed boyfriend of the Kept Woman Kim.

When the Blogs get busy the Google ads get clicked on more. For a long time I thought I was having a good ad day when I made 10 bucks. Lately I don't think I have a good day if the total isn't over 30 bucks. That isn't much, but it makes wasting time on blogs seem like less of a waste.

No comments: