Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Cold Day In Texas Hiking The Tandy Hills Where Gas Is Cheap

The Tandy Hills have dried out enough from the Big Storm earlier in the week that hiking was doable. Cold, but doable. It's only 49 out there, with a heavy wind making it feel like 45. Brrrr.

The view in the photo is from the highest point in the Tandy Hills, looking west towards beautiful downtown Fort Worth, with the notorious Chesapeake Energy Tandy Hills gas site drilling rig visible on the left. It wasn't making hearable noise today. The wind likely drowned out the drilling noise.

Gas at the Tandy Hills station once more set a new record low for my zone of Fort Worth. I didn't need any so I got none and so mom did not get a gas call from me. Maybe I'll get gas tomorrow and call my mommy.

No comments: