Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Reddest State in the Union


Slightly edited incoming from Don Young....

Which is the REDDEST state in the U.S.A.? (red from embarrassment?)

Is it Texas? Nope.

Is it Alaska? Nope.

Is it Alabama? Nope.

Is it Arizona? Nope.

Is it Utah? Nope.

Is it Arkansas? Nope.

Is it Wyoming? Nope.

The winner of the honor of being the REDDEST state in the nation goes to Oklahoma! Home of Chesapeake Energy and Aubrey McClendon. And likely Snidely Whiplash, but I'm just speculating on that.

There is not a single county in Oklahoma that went BLUE. Oklahoma voted 65.5% for McCain to 34.4% for our new President, Barack Obama. A larger McCain margin of victory than any of the other 49 states.

Obviously, this is a strictly non-partisan message. That goes without saying, so why did I say it, I can't help but wonder....

1 comment:

Lauri Evans said...

Snidely Whiplash! I haven't thought about that cartoon in years. You slay me.
As a trade once said to me "..well everybody's got to be somewhere..." the meaning I apply to your comment is that this country wouldn't be very much fun if everyone was the same. You would be very bored and your blog would be boring....
xo lulu Jefferson redstar