Friday, November 14, 2008

Sweet Tomatoes & My Shadow

Within the past year or so a restaurant called Sweet Tomatoes opened in Arlington. Since then 2 more have opened in the D/FW zone, one in Addison and one in Irving.

Sweet Tomatoes is like Fresh Choice. Without the roasted chicken. Fresh Choice used to be my favorite Fort Worth restaurant. And then it closed.

I'd not been to Sweet Tomatoes til today. My Shadow wanted to take me there for lunch to meet up with a couple of her friends I'd not met. My Shadow has forbidden me from putting her name on my blog. Or much of anything about her for that matter. I was given permission to mention going to Sweet Tomatoes with her if I called her My Shadow.

Well, here's my restaurant review of Sweet Tomatoes. I liked it. I probably like Zorro's Buffet in Fort Worth better. And I may have liked Fresh Choice better, but it's been so many years since it closed that I don't trust my memory.

Sweet Tomatoes is a buffet-like setup, like Fresh Choice and Zorro's. The menu consists of Tossed Salads, Prepared Salads, Soups, Pastas, Muffins and Desserts.

In the Tossed Salad category there was Azteca Taco with Turkey that I liked and one called Won Ton Chicken Happiness that was real good. I did not try the Caesar Salad Asiago.

Of the Prepared Salads I liked the Whole Wheat Creamy Chipolte Salad and Joan's Broccoli Madness. I didn't try the Southern Dill Potato, Three Bean Marinade or Tuna Taragon.

Of the Soups I tried the Yankee Clipper Clam Chowder and the Chicken Pot Pie Stew. Very good. There were at least 9 different soups. You'll have to go to the Sweet Tomatoes website to see what the rest of them are.

I didn't try any of the Pastas. The Macaroni & Cheese looked good. There was also a Vegetarian Marinara and Steamed Veggies with Lemon Butter.

The Muffins category is a bit confusing because there were also Buttermilk Biscuits and a couple Focaccia bread choices in addition to some muffins. I tried the Quattro Formaggio Foccaccia.

I'm not a big Dessert fan and there weren't all that many dessert choices. My Shadow thought the Tapioca Pudding was good. That stuff always reminds me of baby food.

So, that was lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. I'd go back. But not tomorrow. Right now I'm in need of walking off eating too much.

No comments: