Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Roller Blading Storm Therapy & Glass Explosions

I think I already mentioned I had me a day yesterday. A 12 hour storm had left me powerless. The morning started off nice with a pleasant swim in a pool filled to the brim with fresh rainwater. The day went downhill from there.

About 9 in the morning I took off on what ended up being about 100 miles of driving, taking care of multiple little problems.

By the time I got back here, around noon, I decided I needed some relaxing, endorphin producing activity. So, I drove some more, the short distance to Quanah Parker Park. There was a little leftover flooding, but it was mostly dry.

After about an hour of roller blading I got back here and sat down powerlessly wondering when I was going to see light again. And then with a beep and a flash I was at full power once more.

I peacefully took care of some business and pondered what I wanted for lunch when I heard a horribly loud explosion and crashing noise coming from my kitchen. I ran to see what it was. There was glass covering the floor and the stovetop. At first I could not figure out what glass thing had shattered.

And then I saw that a stove top unit was on. I had it on when the power went out. And hadn't turned it off. Unfortunately I'd put a big Corningware glass baking pan on the unit. Lesson learned, I hope, I won't make that mistake again.

I wish I had taken a photo of the glass mess, but, I had another power issue, my camera batteries were dead.

No comments: