Thursday, November 20, 2008

Midnight Cell Phone Calls & Cold Swimming In Texas

Last night I stayed up past my usual bedtime in order to watch Top Chef. That had me in bed a bit past 10. I'd had me a day, so I didn't have too much trouble falling asleep.

And then at 11:47 my cell phone rang like the alarm clock from hell. The "ring" on my cell phone is like 10 seconds of a loud symphony.

I awoke, startled, saw the cell phone glowing. I figured anyone calling so late had to be doing so due to an emergency. But no. It was someone from the west coast. Even though it was only 9:47 in her time zone, she still should have known better than to call so late. It's just inexcusably rude.

Naturally, after this horrible trauma I had trouble getting back to sleep and was pretty much restless the rest of the night.

I ended up getting up before 6 and was in the pool by a bit before 8. So, that's your swimming report for the day. I was in the pool for about a half hour. I think the water may have been warmer than yesterday, maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you poor baby. should of had a cup of warm milk. and, a quarter of a turkey sandwich. all they say will make you sleepy.

Cupcake Parade said...

By the way...can I have your phone number?