Thursday, November 13, 2008

Seattle Naked Bike Ride & Fort Worth's Naked Bike Ride

I read the Seattle P-I every morning after I'm done reading the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. It takes me a lot longer to read the P-I than the Star-Telegram. The P-I seems to have a lot more content that catches my attention.

Like this morning there was an article about an activity the likes of which I can't imagine happening here in the Buckle of the Bible Belt. Then again, we do have a local preacher advising his flock to have sex every day for a week, so maybe there could be a Ride in Fort Worth sanctioned by the WNBR (World Naked Bike Ride) Association. Not that there is any connection between riding a bike naked and having sex every day for a week.

Seattle is considering putting some restrictions on people riding bikes naked through the Seattle Center, Gas Works Park, Alki and other locations.

I did not know there was so much naked bike riding going on in Seattle. All I knew about was the annual Fremont Solstice Parade's collection of naked bike riders.

One of the Seattle Naked Bike Riders, Daniel Johnson is quoted as saying, "This is very Seattle. Seattle is one of the most liberal and tolerant cities in the world."

Well, without a doubt Seattle is more liberal and tolerant than Fort Worth and its surrounding area, but I don't think Seattle comes close to being as liberal and tolerant as, well, Amsterdam. I don't think they are selling beer and wine in Seattle's McDonald's yet.

Fort Worth has some areas where I don't think being naked would be a big deal. Like hiking at the Tandy Hills might be more pleasant if one were naked when the temps get real HOT. 95% of the time I go hiking at the Tandy Hills I could be buck naked and know one would see me. Maybe I should organize a Naked Tandy Hills Hike when the weather turns warm again. I will confess to a naked hike up Church Mountain in the North Cascades. This was due to necessity more than the desire to hike naked. I will spare you any further details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

theres a lot of folks you really wouldnt want to see naked... but what the hell - let em ride