Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Washington State Celebrates Our New President Obama

I stayed up way later than my norm last night, glued to the TV. Best night of election viewing ever. More on that later. Most of Texas went for McCain. But my zone of Texas, that being the D/FW zone did not. Nor did the Austin zone, and a few other isolated pockets of Texas.

Meanwhile the zone I lived in in Washington, that being west of the mountains, the Puget Sound region, one of the bluest, most liberal, most progressive parts of America went solidly for Obama.

That first photo is people in my old home town of Mount Vernon celebrating Obama's win. The other photo was taken by my little sister in Tacoma. That's a line of Washingtonians waiting to vote. They look so cold.

I did not hear any horn honking or celebratory noises here last night. Maybe downtown Fort Worth and Dallas had a lot of people on the streets. I don't know. The Star-Telegram made no mention of such a thing this morning.

Check out the video below to see what happened in downtown Seattle last night after we got a new President. From the video it appears people flooded downtown from Pike Place to Westlake Center and beyond. You never see this many people being happy on the streets of downtown Fort Worth.

No comments: