Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tandy Hills Hike And A Gas Call To Mom

Yet one more very pleasant Sunday in Texas this fine second day of November. It's in the 80s out there. 60 when I went swimming at 7am. I'm liking the time change.

Today I was talked into driving someone to an appointment near the Tandy Hills Natural Area. I thought, fine, I'll go hiking and maybe take some new video, perhaps of the Chesapeake Energy drilling operation that is taking the natural out of the natural area.

After I dropped the aforementioned at the aforementioned's appointment I saw I needed gas. The gas station nearest the Tandy Hills is the cheapest around my zone. As in today it was $2.06 a gallon. Practically giving it away these days.

Of course, as my long time reader may remember, whenever I get gas I call my mom in Phoenix. I'd gotten an email from my dad yesterday telling me my Mom was concerned because I'd not made a gas call in a long time. Mom answered on the first ring. She claims it's been 2 months since I've called. She may be right.

I told my Ma about my recent memory problems and that that might explain forgetting to make gas calls.

When I was talking to Mom I got a call from Tootsie Tonasket. I kept talking to Mom. But when that conversation finally ended I called Tootsie Tonasket. Soon into that my cell phone started making the dying battery noise. I knew I needed the phone working so the aforementioned could call me when the aforementioned's appointment was over.

So, I temporarily terminated my Tandy visit and came back here to charge my phone. And made rice pudding while I waited. And worked on a website. Then I headed back to Tandy and took the photos you see in this particular blogging.

The photo at the top is me looking towards the Chesapeake Energy desecration zone. The other photo is a look at the fall colors covering the Tandy Hills.

2 comments:

A.Jean said...

Hello Durango. I stumbled on your site while catching up on Master Spencer's blog. Actually this happened a few weeks ago, but just checking in again today and feel compelled to comment. FYI, I'm Jill's sis in law. I enjoy your writing and love your sense of humor. Having a Mom, as a mom I got a kick out of the response to your call to PHX and the reminder you'd miss calling for a couple months. Anyway, I'll be checking in from time to time. Thanks for the entertainment. Jean

Durango said...

Thanks for commenting Jill's sis-in-law, Jean. Next time you talk to Jill ask her when she's gonna bring my baby brother to Texas to visit me?