Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday With Chesapeake Energy & Mother Nature

I am sorry about my lazy slacking yesterday. I know my one reader looks forward eagerly to my daily swimming report. Well, yesterday it got down to 38 from a high at midnight of 51. So, the water was a little colder. But it remained easy to get past the bracingly cold first minute and swim for 30 more.

By noon I'd decided to bail on going to the Fort Worth Stockyards til next weekend. A Dirty Love Burger from the Love Shack will have to wait.

Instead I decided to go to the Tandy Hills and take some video, mainly of the Chesapeake Energy Barnett Shale Natural Gas Drilling operation that has pretty much de-naturalized a large area of the Tandy Hills Natural Area.

After I was done with taking video I decided to go roller blading at Quanah Parker Park. That was fun. It was windy. I don't believe I'll be doing any roller blading or hiking today. It is supposed to be quite stormy here in North Texas today. I will try to go swimming. Rain is irrelevant when one is already all wet.

I got back here about 3 and grilled steak. After that I made the video you can watch below. I did not get around to YouTubing it or blogging about swimming or blading yesterday because I got a desperate call from a desperate person who desperately needed help with a female problem. That took up the next several hours.

And then I went to bed. But did not sleep well. So, I got up at 5am. The sun is finally up. An attempt to go swimming in the rain and cold will likely soon follow. I'll let you know how that goes. It ought not be too bad, the high at midnight was 60, currently it is 59. So, the water and air temperature will be warmer than yesterday's swim.

Oh. I forgot to mention that is the current state of the Scott Avenue piece of guerrilla art known as "Mother Nature" at the top. She is getting a bit threadbare. Today's storm may do her in. You'll see "Mother Nature" in the video below as well as above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done, especially the ending.

DY