Friday, November 7, 2008

Texas Gas Under 2 Bucks, Car Wrecks & Roller Blading

About noon I had to go to Washington Mutual again. On the way, on I-820 near the Northeast Mall, I saw my first bad wreck in a long time. A van and a car had a bad meeting. Both looked totalled. But I don't think anyone was injured. The drivers were out of the vehicles, the passengers were still inside. The police had arrived. There seemed to be no worrying about the condition of those in the vehicles.

Cars have gotten so much safer, what with air bags and better designs. 30 years ago I don't think anyone would have gotten out of a wreck like I saw today without bad injuries or, most likely, dead.

After I was done at the bank I headed back south and went to Village Creek Natural Historical Area to go roller blading.

Yesterday's heavy wind caused the trail to be covered with leaves in places. Leaves are not a roller blader's ally. But I negotiated them without a fall. The armadillos were being real busy today. They also are not a roller blader's ally.

As you can see from the photos, gas has fallen under 2 bucks all over my zone of Texas. And there are no long lines. Just a couple weeks ago when it went under 3 bucks in a nearby gas price war, the line of cars extended out on the road.

Just a couple months ago, when I was in Tacoma, the Puyallup Tribe lowered the price at their Reservation Station to $3.99, causing lines of cars to back up onto I-5.

Okay, that's my report from my zone of Fort Worth for the day. Did I already remember to mention I went swimming again this morning at 7am? It got down to 45 last night, the high at midnight was 60. The water seemed way warmer than the air. I swam a long time.

No comments: