Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sizzled Turkey Rather Than Deep-Fried

Yesterday I blogged about Thanksgiving and Deep-Fried Turkey. This afternoon a current Seattle-ite calling himself "CB", who spent time in Dallas and Texas and who likes my blogging perspective about my exile in Texas, commented on Deep Frying Turkey and suggested a less troublesome solution.

"CB" also verbalized some concern regarding my roller blading attire. I appreciate it when someone cares enough to give me advice. Below is "CB's" comment, which is also posted at the posting he commented on....

You really ought to consider 'frying' that turkey in one of the new oil-less infrared fryers from Char-Broil. As a Seattle-ite who enjoys reading your posts. (I lived in Dallas and worked all over Texas during the 80's.) I get a kick out of your perspectives that seem to be a 'hybred' of where you've lived.

Anyway, I write the
web log called Sizzle on the Grill and we've been featuring this new cooker called "The Big Easy." and it's really pretty darn close to fried turkey. And you save that $45 + for the cost of the oil, not to mention the worries about having it too hot and potentially boiling over and burning the house down. Oh and now mess to clean-up. That's gotta be worth something in the world of Durango? Thanks. Happy Grilling! -

CB

PS. uh, watchyoselfwiththerollerbladinginthebuffcuz

No comments: