Sunday, November 16, 2008

Seattle Naked Bike Riding Causing Fort Worth Skinny Dipping

On Thursday I blogged about a current Seattle issue, that being the efforts, by some, to curtail the rather liberated behavior of riding around town on your bike. Naked. I have no problem with the being naked part. But as a bike rider, to me, it would be very uncomfortable to pedal about without attire.

I think way too many Americans are way too prudish when it comes to some things. Like being naked. We were all born naked.

If one believes what one reads in the Bible, God has no problem with people being naked. The very first humans he created were perfectly comfortable wandering around in the Garden of Eden naked, feeling no shame.

Then Eve went and ate that damn apple and Adam and her suddenly got all prudish.

And apparently a lot of humanity has been prudish ever since.

Well, I am not prudish. And I'm not all that shy. So, this morning I decided to introduce a bit of Seattle/West Coast type liberalness to Fort Worth. So, I went skinny dipping. I've always preferred skinny dipping to wearing a swimming suit. I hate how the liner in the swimsuit gets all twisted. Sliding through the water without such an encumbrance is much more pleasant.

This morning the water was the coldest yet. And not because all I was wearing was a cap. Overnight it got to freezing. There was a coating of frost on the roof when I first got in the water. With the air being so cold the water felt almost warm. That was very strange.

I'm feeling all natural today. Maybe I'll make like Adam and go hiking at the Tandy Hills Natural Area today. No, it's too cold for that.

2 comments:

Cupcake Parade said...

Whoohoo! Nice!

Anonymous said...

All that swimming, hiking, biking and roller blading seems to have given you a very cute butt. Could we see more of it please?

Butterfly Girl