Saturday, November 8, 2008

Gas Falls to $1.94 in Fort Worth

On the way to the Tandy Hills today to go hiking with Anonymous 1 & 2 I saw gas had gone down another nickel at the Tandy Hills Gas Station. So, when I was done with the hiking, 2 hours of hiking, I got me some gas.

It was not convenient to call my mom likely I usually do when I get gas. I'll call tomorrow to tell her I got gas. She'll want to complain about her weather. Last week when I called after I got gas she told me they'd not gotten under 90 in the Phoenix zone yet. But last night I saw it got down to 49. So, mom should be chilly.

Mom and dad suffered along with me with the frigid winter-like cold of Tacoma last summer. Those who've never acclimated to a HOT climate don't understand what it's like to go from being acclimated to 100 degree plus temps to a place where 60 is considered hot.

Have I mentioned my friend from way back in grade school who moved to the South the same time I did? She moved to Ada, Oklahoma. She has now moved back to Washington. They have been up there since June. I talked to her earlier in the week and I asked if she's gotten acclimated to the cold yet. She said she hasn't.

I remember my next to the last day up in Tacoma, it was so cold, I was shivering. Someone called and I said I was freezing. I was told I complain about the cold to get attention. That annoyed me. Because it was an ignorant thing to say. It still annoys me. How can someone be so stupid as to tell someone they are trying to get attention due to saying they are cold? What is the attention one would be getting. I really can not stand stupid people. I've just now made up my mind on that serious issue.

The hike on the Tandy Hills trails went in some new directions today, all the way out of the park to the west to view the Chesapeake Energy Tandy Hills Desecration Zone and all the way to the east on a trail I don't remember being on before. This trail went over the boulder strewn creek bed you see in the photo. It ended at a nice little pocket part that had a picnic table, BBQ and strange square wooden places to sit.

I think I'm going to the Fort Worth Stockyards tomorrow. That plan may change. I want to have a Dirty Love Burger at the Love Shack. That's one of Fort Worth's celebrity chef, Tim Love's restaurants.

The Love Shack used to be the outdoor singing zone for the White Elephant Saloon. But now it's been turned into the outdoor eating zone (and likely singing, too) for the Love Shack.

The Love Shack's Dirty Love Burger keeps getting mentioned as being among the best in various venues, like magazine articles, ranking burgers. My best all time burger is an In & Out burger. The locals think this place called Kincaid's is the best local burger. I didn't care for Kincaid's. These people need to get out of Fort Worth more often.

No comments: