Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Theo & Ruby's First Day Of 10th Grade


What with the temperature heading, once again, past the 100-degree mark I opted, once again, to do my nature communing in the air-conditioned comfort of Walmart. 

I was about 20 minutes into my endorphin acquisition when my phone made its incoming message noise. I woke up the phone, saw the incoming message was from my little sister, Michele. I clicked on the message and soon saw the two photos you see here, above and below, with the following text...

First day, 10th grade. Their friends meet up at our house to walk together to school.


 I do not know if Tacoma has a three- or four-year high school system. If it is a three-year system, that means today is my nephew Theo and niece Ruby's first day of high school.

Since they are walking to school that would seem to indicate to me that their high school is Stadium High School. That is a school made famous in a couple movies.

Of late I have had way too many instances of thinking that time if flying way too fast. Theo and Ruby in high school is yet one more instance of that. Theo and Ruby turn 16 this coming December 17. 

That means Theo and Ruby will soon be getting driver's licenses. 

I have not seen Theo and Ruby since March of 2019. I remember giving Theo a driving lesson at that point in time, with Theo driving grandma's van. My best guess is Theo would have been, maybe 8, at that point in time. Complex math is not an area I am strong in.

No comments: