Wednesday, September 23, 2026
First Fall Day Nature Communing At Lake Wichita Park
For this first full day of Fall, also known as Wednesday, it was to Lake Wichita Park I ventured for today's pleasantly temperatured nature communing and endorphin acquisition.
Lake Wichita Park is where one finds the landmark I call Mount Wichita. This park is at the opposite, or western side of the lake, from the Lake Wichita Dam side of the lake.
As you can see, via the above photo, Lake Wichita is a bit low at this end of the lake, but not nearly as noticeable\y low as is the case at the dam side of the lake. The kayak launch dock is still serviceable, with an opening to the lake, carved into the exposed lake bottom.
Lake Wichita Park is where you find the Lake Wichita Veterans Memorial Plaza. A rather well done, multi-featured memorial.
That is Mount Wichita you see between the two memorial statues.
Closer to Mount Wichita it does not look much like a mountain. A sign advises "PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN CLIMBING HILL."
Hill Wichita does not sound as good as Mount Wichita.
I heeded the advice and used extreme caution and avoided climbing the hill completely.
It has been a few years since I have hiked to the summit of Mount Wichita. Pre-COVID, I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment