Monday, September 21, 2026
A Relatively Chilly Sikes Lake Nature Commune With Vultures
With the temperature in the upper 70s, it was to nearby Sikes Lake I ventured for my morning nature communing and endorphin acquisition on this next to last Monday of the 2026 version of September.
None of yesterday's predicted rain precipitated, rendering Sikes Lake at its lowest level yet. Rain is also predicted to precipitate today, but currently the sky is clear blue, with nary a cloud to be seen in any direction.
I do not know why a DO NOT ENTER sign is needed to be attached to that cyclone fence, a fence which would seem to render entering not too doable. There looked to be a couple vultures out on the causeway, or whatever one might call the dike-like structure which crosses Sikes Lake, currently rendering the part of Sikes Lake to the right, or north, of the dike, in the photo, to be totally dry.
On the left, or south side of the dike, Sikes Lake still looks to have a good supply of water, with a few dry spots.
Today will mark the second day in a row the temperature has not gone to 100 or above, for what seems a long time.
Currently my A/C is working way less than it has had to lately. Last night it was chilly enough that I turned off both my bedroom fans.
I do not remember ever looking forward to winter like I am currently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment