With rain and thunderstorms on the weather menu for this final Saturday of the 2026 version of September, it was to nearby Sikes Lake I ventured for my daily nature communing, along with a large throng of other nature communers.
I've never seen so many people on the Sikes Lake Trail as I saw today. Some were heading to what I saw as I was crossing the bridge over the lake.
I've never seen so many people on the Sikes Lake Trail as I saw today. Some were heading to what I saw as I was crossing the bridge over the lake.
And now we are on that aforementioned bridge, looking west, with a cloudy sky overhead. The next photo is what I saw as I crossed the bridge.
Some sort of music event under the Sikes Lake Pavilion, with the dry lakebed in the foreground.
I do not recollect ever previously hearing beautiful music emanating from this location.
I hope rain does arrive today. The recent days with such a forecast have not seen a single drip. The temperature was an extremely pleasant 75 degrees when I began the Sikes Lake hike today.




No comments:
Post a Comment