I was impressed. I sure never was any sort of horticulturist when I was 15.
But I was by the time I was 17, sort of, when I was the teacher's aide in an ornamental horticulture class at the location I matriculated high school at, Burlington-Edison High School, in the town of Burlington, in the Skagit zone of Washington state.
Way more things grow in the Skagit zone of Washington state than I see growing in Texas.
Giant tulip fields come to mind. Along with other flowers.
Strawberry, raspberry and blueberry fields. Pea fields. Bean patches. And other fields of other fruits and vegetables I am not remembering.
Seeing Theo's garden photos caused me to think back to all the greenery I grew at my Mount Vernon, Washington, home location, before moving to Texas.
I knew I had photos of my old home location, on this computer. It took some looking before I found them.
In the photo above you are seeing flowers I kept blooming on the stairs leading up the main entry, the covered patio, and my rooftop garden.
In the next photo we have gone up the stairs, and are standing under the covered patio, with the rooftop garden to the right, with only a little the roof top garden's greenery visible.
I do not remember spending a lot of time watering plants, but I must have.
In the next photo we are out in the rooftop garden.
The rooftop garden and patio was the roof of the carport, plus the roof over the work room, the weight room, and the lower entry hallway. In the above photo we are out in the garden, looking back at the entry and the covered patio. I had a hammock there on which I spent many hours swaying in the breeze. And a barbecue on which I barbecued many chickens and other meat products.
Seeing Theo's garden photos caused me to think back to all the greenery I grew at my Mount Vernon, Washington, home location, before moving to Texas.
I knew I had photos of my old home location, on this computer. It took some looking before I found them.
In the photo above you are seeing flowers I kept blooming on the stairs leading up the main entry, the covered patio, and my rooftop garden.
In the next photo we have gone up the stairs, and are standing under the covered patio, with the rooftop garden to the right, with only a little the roof top garden's greenery visible.
I do not remember spending a lot of time watering plants, but I must have.
In the next photo we are out in the rooftop garden.
The rooftop garden and patio was the roof of the carport, plus the roof over the work room, the weight room, and the lower entry hallway. In the above photo we are out in the garden, looking back at the entry and the covered patio. I had a hammock there on which I spent many hours swaying in the breeze. And a barbecue on which I barbecued many chickens and other meat products.




No comments:
Post a Comment