Monday, June 1, 2009

Wind Chime Haters Getting A Life

Back in December I blogged about my disdain for noisy wind chimes. That blogging got comments from others who shared my disdain.

Then yesterday I got a comment from Steve saying, "Simply put, all you haters need to get a life."

I hate that cliche and have little use for those who use it. Or the "you must have too much time on your hands" cliche. In my experience it's only been people who basically have no life and who have way too much time on their hands who use these cliches. I've never heard a smart person say such a thing. It's always dummies. And always a toxic type person.

So, I did not remember "hater" comments about the wind chimes that Dummy Steve referred to. So, I went and read them. I did not detect any "hater" tone. Nor did I detect anything that would lead Dummy Steve to think the commenters had no life.

Below are the comments from the haters who need to get a life....

Anonymous said...
Amen to that! I can't believe people are so clueless. I hear my neighbor's windchimes 24/7 inside my house. It's the same as me playing jazz out of my windows for the neighborhood to hear. Some would think it's relaxing, while it would probably annoy most people.

E. Kristie said...
Okay...I'm taking mine down now.

Anonymous said...
Man, I made a big mistake of saying to my neighbor (in an attached development) that it would be appreciated if she took down her wind chime. Now she has 3: steel stars that sound like chains rattling, the tingle-tingle one, and the huge open tube ones; and we live in an all year round windy street. Of course, if they were gone - everyone would know I hate them. - Should have kept my mouth shut.

Durango said...
Anonymous #2----Damn the consequences, if I were you I'd wait til dark and take down and destroy the offending gongs. You can also call the police with a disturbing the peace complaint. Wind chimes really should be banned from use any place where others besides the wind chimer can hear the racket.

Anonymous said...
I bought an inexpensive sounds of windchimes CD and sent it to my neighbor asking if they could take down the chimes and instead listen to this in the privacy of their own home. Still waiting to see what happens as these windchimes are HUGE.......they hang from a post on their back deck that looks like a hangman's noose device. If my diplomacy doesn't work....I'm going Navy Seal on the thing.

To which Steve said to the above...
Simply put, all you haters need to get a life.

To which Durango says....
Steve, simply put, you're an idiot.

6 comments:

BeanDip said...

It was a fantastic day when my neighbor behind me moved out and took their multiple metal wind chimes with them. I am ok with the low decibel wooden wind chimes but the clanging metal ones drive me absolutely up the walls insane (which my wife does not understand but concedes and doesn't hang them herself). Glad to know there are others out there.

Durango said...

I was at an apartment complex a couple days ago. I could not believe the racket being made by a few people's wind chimes. One would think such a peace disturber would be a big no-no in a place where so many people live in such close proximity.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I concur...wind chimes and yapping dogs that won't stop barking at night are annoying. I'm a very light sleeper...and it takes me FOREVER to fall asleep, the last thing I want is to be awoken to the sound of clanging! I actually think wind chimes are visually appealing and I hang mine inside next to a window to reflect the light and the only time they're ever heard is when someone swishes them lightly with their fingertips.

Tootsie Tonasket said...

I personally like wind chimes. But prefer those wooden types.

Macie said...

I have this tiny little thing that is 4 hummingbirds having off a bell shape, no ringer in the bell. I can carely hear it when I sit uner it outside so I doubt highly it bothers the neighbors. But if one asked me to take it down, I would. Noise makes me bananas so I could appreciate a neighbor being bothers. We live in stand alone houses so my neaighbors are a little farther away then the next deck.

Durango said...

Macie---It seems clear to me that you have extremely good taste and a surplus of common sense. I'm sure your little hummingbirds annoy no one.