Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Third Earthquake Strikes Cleburne As North Texas Continues To Tremble

Go here for the latest Cleburne Quakes.

The constant earthquaking here in North Texas has grown so common, I did not know til today that Cleburne was shaken, again, Monday morning, for the 3rd time in a week.

This time the earth moved at 8 am.

Monday morning's Cleburne quake was a 2.3 magnitude, making it less powerful than the previous two.

The latest quake struck about a mile west of Cleburne.

Today, the leak I told you about yesterday, was mostly under control. Today I asked one of the people working on one of the leaks why we are having so much leaking. She told me it's because the ground is moving. I asked, moving from all the earthquakes? She shrugged her shoulders, in a who knows type gesture.

Meanwhile, I think I'll start securing things as if I was still living in the northwest, in anticipation of the big one that may strike North Texas. This daily quaking reminds me way too much of the daily rumbles that led to the eruption of Mount St. Helens. I guess it is a very good thing that there are no mountains in the vicinity of the cracking Barnett Shale.

No comments: