Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hot Tandy Hills Natural Area Hiking

I would think I would be a bit tired by now, having been up since sometime before 3 this morning. But I feel fine.

I made my virtual trip, as planned, this morning, to New Braunfels and Schlitterbahn Waterpark Resort. I found out later I also need to go to Austin. I thought I'd already done that, but I hadn't.

Then around noon, with the temperature approaching 100 it seemed like a good time for some heavy duty sweating, so I went to the Tandy Hills Natural Area. Again.

Yesterday. Or was it the day before, the light bulb finally came on and I realized I'd made a mistake by blogging so often about my search for the planet's most overly developed backside, which led to way too many people, from all over the world, coming to my blog for no good reason.

Well, another light bulb finally came on regarding bloggings in which I mention what clothes I am wearing or not wearing for a particular activity, like hiking the Tandy Hills Natural Area. Now, the ads that those bloggings generate are not as worthless as the ones generated by the search for the over-sized derriere, but still, I decided to cease at once mentioning certain keywords that brought me certain type blog visitors.

This should have dawned on me before, due to a lot of people come to this blog via searching for info about Austin's Hippie Hollow, it being a rather free-spirited location on Lake Travis. That one I don't mind so much, but when I see that this blog now Googles #1 when someone looks for info about a certain type of hiking, with Texas in the search string, well I don't want to be the #1 info source for that, even if it is just in Texas.

I really need to start thinking things through better before I create these little nuisances for myself.

Anyway, back to today's HOT hiking. I wanted to know how much water I lost today, so I weighed myself before I left. 176. I drank two 16 ounce bottles of water while hiking. When I got back here and weighed myself again, I was at 173. Which would seem to indicate I contributed 5 pounds of moisture to the humidity while hiking up and down hills today.

So, I'm glad I followed my physical therapist, Dr. L.C.'s advice today, and went hiking at my usual time, rather than yesterday's late afternoon jaunt which she felt wreaked havoc with my sleep pattern. I should learn to always follow doctor's orders...

No comments: